Back to Smartcitizen.me

[SOLVED] Issue of connecting kit to laptop in firmware updating

When I connect the Air Quality kit to my laptop with mico USB in the green light status of LED, the new driver (SCK-20 drive) does not appear on my computer. It seems that my laptop is not recognizing the kit.

What should I do in this case?

Hi,

The Kit will present itself as a massive storage device (like an external drive) when you double click the reset button. This will turn the Kit LED flashing / blinking in green permanently. In that situation, your computer should see an external USB massive storage device connected and you can drag the firmware file over to the external massive storage device as explained in the guide.

If that doesn’t happen, please, let us know what the behavior of the LED is:

• Is it permanently flashing in green? or does it go to white after a while?

Also, does it happen with only one Kit/computer combination? Or is a generalized issue? I assume you are using Windows, so maybe there is an issue with permissions to auto-mount the drive?

Hi,
The LD color is permanently flashing in green.

I have not checked with other kits.

My system is window-based, it seems that there is no issue with auto-mounting the driver on my laptop, but if there is, how it should be solved?

My system is window-based, it seems that there is no issue with auto-mounting the driver on my laptop, but if there is, how it should be solved?

Sorry, I don’t understand. This means that you see an external drive on your computer then?

No, I do not see any external driver on my system when I connect the kit to my laptop, this is the issue.

OK, so I would verify that the sequence is correct:

1. Disconnect both USB and battery from the Kit.
  2. Connect the Kit with USB to the computer. Click the button on the Kit. The kit should be ON in this situation-> What is the LED color here?
  3. If the Kit is ON and acting “normal”, double click on reset button. LED should be green
  4. If the Kit goes green, a USB drive should pop-up in the computer.

If it doesn’t:

• I would try steps 1-4 with another Kit and another USB.
  • If it doesn’t work, I would try again with another computer.

If none of these tests work, we can check more options.

Thank you so much, I will test all solutions tomorrow morning and let you know here.

Hi,

I have tried both options, but they did not work.

Regarding your questions:

1. Connect the Kit with USB to the computer. Click the button on the Kit. The kit should be ON in this situation-> What is the LED color here?

Answer: The LED color is blue.

Also, when I double-click on reset bottom, the color is lashing green, should it be flashing green or continuous green?

Hi, flashing green.
In that situation, you should see something on your computer as per the left side of the image below:

Have you tried on another computer?

Hi,

No, I do not see such a driver on my PC, I also tested with different kits, USBs, and laptops, and non of them worked.

OK. I’ll PM for a videocall and see…

Thank you so much, I am waiting for the call.

For anyone with the same issue, at the moment we have not clarified what the issue is, but it’s confirmed that some kits are not recognized by the computer. However, it seems like it’s more an issue from the kit, rather than the computer, and it’s not detected neither in massive storage mode (USB MSC). We are looking into it still

The problem was the USB cable, the three USB cables that I tested had a problem. Finally, I used a new USB.

The problem was solved.

1 Like