Back to Smartcitizen.me

Solar Panel attachment - some info and a request

The KickStarter Kit I received from Acrobotic Industries had the solar panel binding posts already soldered to the board (thank you!)

Here’s the thing: how about putting polarity on the processing board - just print it on the board! A “+” and a “-” would be great!. OK, you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. My luck was not so great so I had to make an extra trip up and down the ladder where I’ve mounted the panel.

For those trying to hook-up the panel: The solar panel has the + and - clearly identified (seen once you slide the cover off).

On the controller board, the positive connector is the one farthest from the sensor I/O connector. [This also means that it’s on the opposite side of the red, positive connector from the keyed battery-connector.]

At least that’s what worked for me… 'Hope this helps someone…!

BTW: If there’s a document or diagram that covers this - please let us all know! Thanks!

Hi RichMills,

Thanks a lot for your email. We love to get feedback.

Anyway, I am bit confused here. The board should have a “+” sign close to the terminal block. At least mine has one. It is hard to distinghis but it is there… a small blue plus sign! :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely! We really have to work on a diagram/document to cover the Solar Panel connection, among many other documentation. Any kind of help documenting this is welcome. :slight_smile:

I will let you know as soon as we get one.

All the best,
Aitor.

Hi,

I have the V1.1 board and at first did not see the ‘+’ sign. It is there between the green terminal block and the hole on the corner. The ‘+’ sign is rather small and not easy to see (as Aitor mentioned) due to the board’s grid texturing.

Cyrille