Back to Smartcitizen.me

Board dimensions

Hi all,

Does anyone know where to find the full dimensions of the SCK 2.1 kit. Yes I know I could get a ruler out and measure, but surely there should be some manufacturing details with the exact measurements.

thanks

Andy

Hi @smartcitizen1!

Yes, we have uploaded them in the enclosures repo:

You will find an STL and a drawing in pdf.

Hope it helps you make your enclosures! Also, we have uploaded some designs as well, check them out in the repo!

4 Likes

That is awesome,

Now to nick some time with the 3D printer at work :smiley:

1 Like

Printer found, so will post some pictures of the finished enclosure when the R&D guys have printed out the parts.

Thanks

Andy

1 Like

Amazing! We are looking forward to seeing the results!

Ok first print

A little work maybe required, but nearly there.

I need to get the printing guys to look at the size of the gap of for the particle sensor, as it isnt fitting through the holder, and maybe the height of the bracket in general as it seems very tight on the sckboards.

The top has come out really nice and fits well.

I will update when I get the next print

Thanks

Andy

2 Likes

That looks amazing Andy!! :smiley:
Thanks for sharing :heart:

Hi guys,

A few tweaks (I will find out what my 3D printing friend has done) but the board and the PM Sensor fit absolutely perfectly now :smiley:

Here is a bit of a photoshoot of the finished article.

2 Likes

That’s so nice!
As an example, the battery and Planttower cable can be fixed like this:

Hi!

Im in the process of builing my solar powered Sensor. For this project, I need more space in the case you’ve designed (make it 2,5cm more in height). I’ve tried to modify the stl files, but that doesnt work.

Would it be possible to send me the CAD files? This would allow me to proceed in the project. I can also send you the new stl file if someone else needit.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards from switzerland!
Martin

Cool work!

You can find the STL model of all the SCK 2.1 sensor components and PCBs in the enclosures repository

You can also download the PCB Design files in EAGLE (it’s free) and export the layout in any format you need

The STL Files are, unfortnuately, not enough. I cannot modify them - I would need access to the original CAD Files.

Hi!

What software are you using? Would IGES fileformat work for you?
I will put them in the repository once I can access them.

Regards

Solidworks. I think iges is ok. Thank you in advance!

Hi!

Just added the iges files. This is the commit:

Let me know if this worked!

Regards

1 Like

Unfortunately, it doens’t work. I cannot open iges in Solidworks or creo. Do you have the files in another format?

Hey,

I just added STEP files, I think that should work. let us know!

It worked! The case is now beeing printed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Share it here and if you want, open a pull request and we will include it in the enclosures repository!

1 Like

I’ve created a pull request with the modified file.