Back to Smartcitizen.me

Configuración kit 1,1 smart citizen problemas drivers

Hola buenos días. Dispongo de este kit que en su momento funcionaba bajo otras versiones de windows. Ahora trabajo con windows 11 de 64bits y no consigo configurarlo. No paso más allá de ingresar manualmente la mac del equipo. Solicito ayuda para poder poner en funcionamiento mi kit nuevamente, muchas gracias foreros. Un saludo.
Antonio S.

somiedo@gmail.com

Hi

I assume what you want to do is to access the terminal provided by the kit. You plug a usb cable into the kit and the other end into your computer.

So what needs to happen is for the computer to recognise the kit and configure a serial port. Then you can execute terminal program such as Arduino to connect to the serial port.

Please confirm what exact problem you have with those steps.

Hola gracias por la información compañero.
El problema es que antes, yo conectaba el equipo con el cable usb al pc. El navegador chrome con la extensión instalada de Smart Citizen Kit configuration tool, ejecutaba la configuración y prácticamente era plug & play. Ahora no se ejecuta esta extensión , sí que da suministro al equipo porque se encienden las luces azules que parpadean, pero el pc no reconoce nada. Desconozco si tengo que deshabilitar el antivirus, si no es compatible mi equipo con este sistema operativo windows 11 64 bits. Sólo consigo añadir la mac manualmente en el proceso de configuración y me quedo en ese punto, sin llegar el equipo a validad dicha mac, entiendo que no lo reconoce o no hay comunicación con el equipo, sólo a nivel de suministro eléctrico ? No tengo instalado ningún programa de terminal arduino en el pc ahora mismo. De tener que instalar programa de arduino, cual me aconsejas? muchas gracias por tu intestimable ayuda. Un saludo.

Antonio Segura

somiedo@gmail.com

He instalado arduino en el pc, reconoce el puerto 4 Lilypad Arduino USB on port COM4. Pero en la web smartcitizen.me para configurar el equipo sólo soy capaz de guardar la mac del kit. No consigo seguir avanzando más pasos en la configuración. En Chrome tengo la extensión Smart Citizen kit tools, pero parece que no funciona ahora…

Ok

I am having difficulty using Google Translate to understand what you are saying. So please forgive me, but I need to restate what I understand to be your problem.

So, at the beginning with your SmartCitizen kit you visit https://SmartCitizen.me using regular web browser in pc to register the kit. SmartCitizen.me gave you a special code.

Then you access the kit ding web browser on the kit’s own wifi to record the code from SmartCitizen.me and to record on the kit what are the details of the Wifi in your house.

With those details correctly recorded then the kit can go online and eventually you see the readings from the kit appear via the map seen on SmartCitizen.me

This used to work, and now it does not. Seems to be related to something that changed on your pc.

So you did not seem to understand me when I mentioned connecting Arduino to the kit. Arduino is a piece of software that is generally used to program the microcontroller devices, and the SmartCitizen kit is an example.

So let’s take a step back.
The kit has a USB connector (micro-usb) and when you buy the kit it comes with a usb cable. If you connect that cable to the kit and to your pc, then run a serial terminal program on the pc, you can view the output of the kit using the terminal program.
There are many terminal programs. But Arduino programming tool is free and it works.
When you have the kit connected and are running Arduino and within Arduino select the monitor option and connect the monitor to the USB port you can see what the kit is doing and you can give it commands.

If you do not already know this then it’s because you have not read all of the information that’s found on https://docs.SmartCitizen.me

Now, I have read that info, but it’s better that you read it. If necessary you may have to translate it into your own language using Google translate tool. Otherwise I will end up retyping it all in this little forum screen.

If you still need help after reading that information then please come back here and ask further questions.

Ok ?