Back to Smartcitizen.me

Examining Bedroom Conditions

Hi, I am seeking to study the environmental conditions of bedrooms and so far on the platform I have been unable to find anyone measuring the ambient conditions within bedrooms, is there anyone else who would consider collecting data with their Smart Citizen device from within the bedroom?

Thanks, Lyndon.

There could be a good reason nobody installs an SCK 2.1 kit in a bedroom: the fan of the PM sensor makes a whirring noise, loud enough to wake up an innocent sleeper.

1 Like

Lyndon
I do not have a smart citizen in any of our bedrooms - but I do have 3 PMS5300 particle sensors - one in each of 2 bedrooms, 1 as a reference in my wife’s office/studio and one outside (the last one is a Smartcitizen node - https://smartcitizen.me/kits/9599. I’f be happy to give you PMS/Temp/humidity from all of those?
And btw. - none of my particle sensor make audible noise.
Tor

1 Like

Hi, thank you, that would be very useful if you could, would you mind talking about this in further detail over email : L.J.Ship@liverpool.ac.uk is my address.

Thanks, Lyndon.

My new sck device is presently installed in my bedroom. It will not be there for a very long time, as I intend to take it out and use it in a mobile context. But fwiw you can use the values.
It is in Adelaide, Australia, the only one anywhere near that location