Back to Smartcitizen.me

Finding MAC address for SCK 2.1

Yes, I’m matching the 6 letter token from the https://start.smartcitizen.me prompt.

Oh yes, now I see, sorry for the interruption. Indeed, must be something with campus network. Good luck.

Just following up on this. See error message below. Anything else I should try?

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry for the late response.
The error you pasted (Can’t publish without wifi) is a secondary error, the main wifi error is printed before this and should be one of the three I explained in my previous post:

• ERROR Access point not found!!
  • ERROR wrong wifi password!!
  • ERROR unknown wifi error!!

Try connecting to your kit console from the moment it boots and you will see one of this errors being printed, if you miss it just click the kit reset button and try again.

Hope this helps!
Victor

Thanks Victor. I tried what you recommended, but I don’t see a wifi error message before the “can’t publish without wifi” one. Here is what I get from the device after connecting, then resetting, and attempting to connect to the open wifi network.

Button Down
Button Up
Entering setup mode
Restarting ESP…
ESP off…
ESP on…
ESP finished booting
Synced config with ESP!!
RTC updated: 2019-07-17T02:14:17Z
Received new config from ESP
Saved configuration on eeprom!!
Synced config with ESP!!
ERROR Can’t publish without wifi!!!
Counting groups: 0
ESP off…
ESP on…
ESP finished booting
Synced config with ESP!!

Hi jonathan,

The log you posted is from the time you configured the kit, you can see the message about receiving new config:

To understand what is the problem we need a complete log since the kit has booted until the wifi connection error (after the kit has been configured), so after configuring the kit, please click the reset button and keep recording the log, you should see a log like this:

Other option is to turn on sdcard debugging, you need to use the shell of your kit and enable it issuing the command:

debug -sdcard

All debug messages will be saved on to the sdcard in a file called DEBUG.TXT so you can check them later.

Hope this helps!