Back to Smartcitizen.me

✉ Issue with emails and empty accounts

Hi all!

As part of our maintenance work on the Smart Citizen platform, we have conducted a bit of a cleanup on some user accounts. Refer to the details below in case you are seeing something weird with your user account.

In short

We have detected that some user accounts shared the same email address. Also some user accounts did not have an email. If you are having trouble logging in, it may be that one of these was yours, and it has been tidied up. Your data is safe, read on to find out how to recover it.

Actions taken

Accounts with duplicated emails

Those user accounts that had the same email were joined into the first account created that used that email. The devices owned by accounts that had duplicated emails, have been consolidated onto that joint account.

What to do in this case? You should be able to access your account with your normal password. If not, simply reset your password and you should be all set. Let us know if there is any issue.

Accounts with no email

These accounts have been deleted. The devices owned by those accounts have been moved to the team user.

What to do in this case? if you had an account and is no longer there, don’t worry, the devices are safe. Create another account and we will give your devices back. Email us at support@smartcitizen.me with the devices you are missing (i.e. the device id - https://smartcitizen.me/kits/XXXX) , and/or the old user account, as well as the new account. Make sure to create the account before emailing us.

Let us know if you have any issue!