Back to Smartcitizen.me

miniUSB fell off the board

Hi,

The miniUSB socket fell off my board. Is there a good way to attached it back on? Can I glue or soder it? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am really unhappy to hear that. This microUSB thing is a very known issue now. :frowning:

We are already working on a little step-by-step manual to show how this can be fixed. Actually, we are finishing the photo shooting. It is really easy. You just need strong glue, tweezers, flux and a soldering iron with a thin tip (maybe thin solder too). Tomorrow at this time this tutorial it will be available. Just in time for the weekend!

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

All the best,
Aitor.

PS.: You can read more about this issue here: http://bit.ly/1gNgBQe

Hi Aitor,

Thank you for the quick response. I’m looking forward to the tutorial.

Thanks again,

Chris

Hi,

I was able to successfully put the miniUSB socket back onto the board. The tutorial is very clear and easy to follow.

Thank you,

Chris

My miniUSB fell off in January, but I somehow got by without it until now. My network no longer sees the Smart Citizen board, so I need to reconfigure the network connection. I’m glad you finally proposed a solution, if you can call it that.

Anyway, my miniUSB port was ruined when I tried to souder it on, so need to buy another part: CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME A REFERENCE MINIUSB PORT SO THAT I CAN ORDER A NEW ONE? Thanks.

Hi Kliger,

I am sorry to hear that your MicroUSB was ruined when you tried to solder it on. The MicroUSB connector is the ZX62-B-5PA(11) and it is made by Hirose Electric Co.

You can find it here: http://bit.ly/1iGDkRx

I hope this will help. Please, let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

All the best.

I tried to repair the microUSB using the tutorial, but it’s still not working.

Is it possible to buy just a new Arduino card, the one that the microUSB fell off of, not the one with the sensors. I just need to get this thing working again.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, it is possible but I guess it will be necessary to wait until the arrival of the new batch of kits. We do not have an estimated date yet but I will let you know. Best. :slight_smile: