Back to Smartcitizen.me

SCK 2.1 Failure to connect to server

Hi,
I’m trying to connect the SCK 2.1 but I can’t obtain the Device Key because as I go through the steps when it comes to connecting my mobile (IPhone) to the SCK WIFI “smartcitizen2C27” a message is displayed “Error Opening Page Hotspot login cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server”
So is there any recommendation what should I do ?
Thanks in advance,
Hala

Hi,
I also tried IPad and it failed with same messsage ““Error Opening Page Hotspot login cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server””.
The kit connected to the server after I tried a Samsung mobile.
So I think there is something wrong with the iOS connecting with the server…
Kind Regards
Hala

Hi @superhala83,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for writing!

Let me try to guide you to the configuration steps to check everything is fine.

You should first get your computer or tablet with an internet connection and visit.

https://start.smartcitizen.me

During the process, the online guide will tell you to connect to your Smart Citizen Kit owns Wi-Fi named something like SmartCitizenXXXX. You should join the network using your phone or any other device rather than the one you are currently using for the step by step guide.

After giving the proper token to your Kit and choosing the right Wi-Fi from the list your sensor will connect and you will be able to finishg the step by step guide on your computer.

It is possible to do all the steps from a single device, but this can lead to instabilities making things more complicated.

Thanks