Back to Smartcitizen.me

SCK does not power on

Hello, My SCK just stopped powering on. No light on the LED. I have tried two different USB cables, two different power sources and also tried it with the battery and without the battery (with USB). I have also tried it with two different batteries. Nothing lights up and i’ve played with both the reset & power button. I’ve held the power button for 5 seconds, for 20 seconds. No response. No lights whatsoever. It was working fine and was online and publishing data a few days ago. I also had the data being collected on a local SD card. I checked yesterday and the data was being logged. This morning I woke up and found that the SCK is powered off, even though it was plugged USB in my laptop. No new data logged since yesterday. And the system is totally powered off. Please help! We are in california and I really would like to measure the smoke content from these wildfires around us! Thank YOU.

tengo un problema similar lo pudiste resolver?

Yes i have the same problem…is this problem in the hardware? When i connect sck with usb to my laptop no power supply but when i give power supply through arduino there is power supply but the port is not showing up

Someone help please it’s urgent

In all these cases it calls for some basic electronics fault finding techniques. Using a multimeter or oscilloscope.
If you do not have this capability then the only alternative would be to order a replacement data board.
Before you do that it’s pretty important to check all of your wiring, including USB cable. It’s actually the most likely candidate, and cheap to get another one.
In the basic SCK, power is supplied to the system using USB connection. If that one is no good then battery goes flat too, and nothing works.
So it’s the first place to look.