Back to Smartcitizen.me

Setting up: failing to connect to wifi

Hei everyone. I am facing a problem setting up a SCK 2.1
A little bit of story telling: I tried several times setting up a SCK at a clients house. It always went wrong at the same point: When choosing the wifi the kit should use on the phone and after entering the password the kit is trying to connect to the wifi and on the screen of the laptop it is shown “Waiting for your kit”. So far so good. BUT: The kit will never connect to the wifi and starts blinking fast blue aka Error. Not collecting data.
I tried restarting the kit several times and also resetted it. Nothing seems to work. The quick solution was to set up the kit somewhere else. It was no problem and the kit was set up in a few minutes without any issues. I thought this would be a unique circumstance but it turns out that another kit somewhere else is doing the same.

It seems to me that there is a problem with the wifi but i do not understand what.
Did someone have similar issues and was able to solve them?
I would be very happy to exchange thoughts about this.
Best Verena

Hi @verena.voegt

If the kit does not connect to a particular WiFi, and it connects elsewhere, thats already a good piece of info for debugging.

Normally, these kind of issues are caused by particular Wi-Fi networks or by simply the wrong password. I assume that you have triple-checked the correctness of the password, but it’s always the first step. If that is checked, there may be a firewall issue (see here) or the type of network might not be supported (see here). This last rootcause might not be the reason if you are at someone’s house because home WiFi types (WPA2 Personal) are supported and it’s not normal to use something different at home.

One last check could be to put here the firmware version (or simply paste device ID of the successful attempt).