Back to Smartcitizen.me

Smart Connect via iOS

1. Does Smart Connect (via iOS) connect the wifi output of the Smart Citizen to an iPhone (for example)?
  2. Does this option actually work? (i.e., I can’t get it to work in order to use my SC card in the field).

Thanks for any response.

Hi klinger,

Sorry for the late response.

Starting this week I will take care of the content management of this Forum. I will be backed up by the SCK team and the idea is not take so long to answer your queries.

Let’s go with the answers:

You should have your SCK in Access Point (AP) mode. If the kit does not find any of the registered networks you added, it automatically runs in AP mode. In SCK v1.1 you can force this AP mode by pushing the button at the right of the USBc connector, close to the Reset button.

The kit will create open network with the name SCK-XXXX (last four digits of your kit mac address). Then you have to go to your cellphone’s adjustments menu and join that wi-fi network.

Finally, you have to open the Smart Citizen iOS app and you have to click on the top right button (that one with the plug). Then you will have access to the configuration menu. In fact, when you click that button you will see the explanation of the previous steps.

Anyway, it seems like it is not working properly with the new firmware release (v0.85) and the telnet conection of the cellphone. With release v0.84 it works well!! I need to double check this topic with the team.

All the best,
Aitor.

I have had the same issue. You are correct in saying that it is not working properly with the new firmware release (v0.85), as I get the error: Attempt to connect to host timed out.
Like you suggested, I then tried to upload v0.84; however this firmware does not seem to be working correctly. In Arduino IDE I attempted to verify “sck_beta_v0_8_4” and I am getting an “Error compiling” message.
The “sck_ftp_update” and “wifly_terminal” upload to the device just fine, so its just the sck_beta_v0_8_4 that gives me an error. I tried to configure it online anyways but it is not connecting to the servers or posting any data.

Please let me know if you can help either with getting v0.84 to work or if there will be a fix to the v0.85 connectivity. I would really like to take this device mobile.

@mmark92: I think that the most reasonable will be a fix to the v0.85 connectivity. v0.85 is also the right update to connecting to the servers or posting data. I have already talked with the team about this topic. I hope good news soon!! :slight_smile:
PS: I also want it mobile! :wink: