Back to Smartcitizen.me

Unable to connect to Wifi

Hi there,

I am unable to connect SCK to WiFi as I am coming up against some errors:

• SCK is unable to connect and does not progress past the “Waiting for your kit” screen. The blue light flashes fast.
  • The SCK can only find “Fake Wifi 1” and “Fake WIFI 2”. I am unable to connect to my home WiFi.

I have factory reset and repeated the process a number of times, including in close proximity to the WiFi router, but to no success.

I have also tried running the set up via my laptop and not my mobile phone. This does not appear to have helped the process.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Ed

Hi @mrlazerbeam

We recently found a bug that can lead randomly to this kind of issues

@victor might be able to tell you how to update the Kit

Thanks @pral2a - @victor any thoughts?

Is there another thread with this issue if its a known bug? I have had kit for some time now but unable to use it yet… :-s

Hi @mrlazerbeam,

This issue happened in some situations and we where not able to replicate it, but recently while upgrading some code on the ESP (thw WiFi chip) the problem appeared always and we made a fix.

We haven’t released a new version yet but you still can upgrade your kit, you can follow the instructions on our documentation.

Let me compile the code and in some minutes I wll give you acces to the binaries.

You can download The Binary fimrware files in the github pre-release page.

After upgrading the SAM firmware, since this is a pre-release, the kit will not ask you to update the ESP firmware, instead you will have to follow the instructions detailed under Force ESP upload in the documentation.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue (kit delevired today from seeed). I get only to select fake-wifi 1 and 2. Is the sollution still to update from github pre-release?

Yes, that’s the best way to solve it. We’re still working to consolidate a final release, targeting 1.0.0

Let us know if it works well!

1 Like

Ok, will do. As a first response - the documentation link in the posts above are not working ;). But I will find out what to do.

Hey SCK Team,
I cannot connect the sensor with wifi and neither I’m able to turn it on or off. As soon as I connect to the battery or power sources, it gets automatically ON.
To solve these issues, I tried to reset the data board. However, after pressing reset, the data board seems like it is not resting itself and the status LED light is continuous blue. Also, there is one more blue led that is also flashing, which says WIFI on it.

Just in case anyone else has this issue later:

If you do the updates suggested above but still find that you’re getting the “Fake WiFi” bug, then try and switch into private browsing mode on your web browser during set up.

My browser was remembering and rendering Fake WiFi drop down menus from previous buggy installs - switching to private (or clearing history) solved it for me.

1 Like

Hi,
Im trying to connect for first time my SCK, but nothing appears in my cell phone, so I go to the link www.sck.me and it is not available, ¿What else can I do?

and this other link didnt work either http://192.168.1.1/

Is there any update to this? I’ve tried updating to SAM 0.9.8 and ESP 0.9.2 and then resetting but I still get the same issue. The only wifi options are “Fake-WIFI-1” and “Fake-WIFI-2”. I have an SCK2.1.

Thanks.