Back to Smartcitizen.me

WiFly module problems: (some) connectivity issues

OK but when is mine (our) board replaced, can you give a time?
problem with smart citizin is that you are not good communicating at all!
please make a news section and/or personally mail every involved member with updates etc. regarding this big problem.
regards Pieter
www.bwired.nl

Hi Pieter!

You can send us an email to support@smartcitizen.me with all your contact details (just to confirm the ones we have) and we will add you to the replacement boards database.

I will give you a more accurate date as soon as we have one. For now ~4 weeks.

Thanks a lot for your patience and sorry for the inconveniences.

All the best,
Aitor.

Hi Tomas,

Around 6 months ago I tried everything with no success and I gave up. Now I took it up again with same results. I just came across this forum and saw that it there may be a hw issue.

This is what I did, please let me know if you think I should stop traying and ship you the board or anything:

• With the web registration tool the process starts but it finaly fails when updating the firmware (pop up bar saying Codebender failure-Firefox)

• I configured manually the Wifly with the specific Wifly .ino file and MAC registration in the web. No effect, the router does not even see the board.

• I loaded the Beta Firmware v.0.8.6 configuring the SCKBase accordingly. No effect, the router does not see the board.

In all process the load seems to work (orange show activity) but the blue leds are always blinking, no change.

This is the sw release
#wifly-GSX Ver 4.00.1, Apr 19 2013 11:48:28 on RN-131

Regards
Roberto

Hi Tomas,

Around 6 months ago I tried everything with no success. Now I took it up again with same results. I just came across this forum and see that it may be a hw issue.

This is what I did, please let me know if you think I should stop traying and ship you the board or anything:

• With the web registration tool the process starts but it finaly fails when updating the firmware (codebender failure notice)

• I configured manually the Wifly with the specific Wifly .ino file and MAC registration in the web. No effect, the router does not even see the board.

• I loaded the Beta Firmware v.0.8.6 configuring the SCKBase accordingly. No effect, the router does not see the board.

In all process the load seems to work (orange show activity) but the blue leds are always blinking, no change.

Regards
Roberto

Hi @mpatzer @Aticus,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems connecting to WiFi.

Have you already tried the SCK_check from the utilities folder:

This his sketch will let us know if the SCK is ok.

Please, let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Aitor.

Hi @mpatzer! Please, wait a few minutes for the SCK_check operation to be completed. Depending on the issue the module might need to be reseted and this process takes a long time. Best.

Hi @mpatzer, your problem might be not the wifly module. It might be the I2C port what makes the board crash. Could you, please, try to delete or comment the lines below so we can see if it runs!?

Serial.println(“Trying to connect.”);
if (!sck.repair()) sck.recovery();
else Serial.println(“Device detected.”);
Serial.print("Firmware version: ");
char *Version = sck.getWiFlyVersion(1000);
Serial.println(Version);
int state = sck.checkWiFlyVersion(Version);
if (state==1) Serial.println(“Wifi device is ok :)”);
else if (state==-1) Serial.println(“Wifi device is corrupted :(”);
else if ((state)==0) if (!sck.webAppRepair())Serial.println(“Wifi device is corrupted :(”);

Please, let us know how it goes. Best.

Hi @mpatzer, after talking about your issue with the hardware guys, we can not find an answer to what is going on with your board. Maybe it would be a good idea if you send back the SCK so we can double check it and send you a replacement if necessary. Please. contact support@smartcitizen.me for further details. Sorry for the inconveniences. All the best.

Hi Y’all, Just want to say: great proces going on here! This is group development, pur sang! Kudo’s to development and support, keep that smiley! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Ben