Back to Smartcitizen.me

SCK 2.1 BOTH online AND NOT-connected

Hi All,

Problem

After a few months of functioning my SCK 2.1 does not publish any data anymore, although it is connected to the web. The dashboard shows my SCK as Online (Yellow) and tells every minute it just had received data. However, the data it shows are more than one month old, do not change any more and in RED I see a text that I am not connected.

Also the battery behaviour is strange. The battery never reaches the state RED, but stops after a few seconds when the charger has been disconnected. Once the charger is connected again, the battery never reaches the state GREEN. Therefore, I keep the charger connected all time.

Analysis

Analyzing the data shows that the website receives almost empty lines every minute. It writes a record with a time stamp and battery value = -1. Other values all are zero. Also the data on SD card are “empty”.

Data snapshot

2019-09-24 16:34:15 UTC,100.3,14.24,100.43,43,1360,146,265,6,99.08,7,7
2019-09-24 16:35:33 UTC,100.32,14.23,100.44,43,1360,146,246,5,99.08,7,7
2019-09-26 10:49:48 UTC,99,
2019-09-26 10:50:49 UTC,100,
2019-09-26 10:55:42 UTC,99,
2019-09-26 10:56:58 UTC,100,
2019-09-26 11:00:42 UTC,100,
2019-10-02 16:36:54 UTC,0,0,0,
2019-10-02 17:01:19 UTC,-1,
2019-10-02 17:02:19 UTC,-1,
2019-10-02 17:03:19 UTC,-1,
2019-10-02 17:09:19 UTC,-1,

Therapy

• Resetting the SCK does not cause any change in the issue described.
  • Reconfiguring the SCK does produce any change either.
  • Going back to factory settings does not have any effect.
  • Using the old product 6 character token or a fresh one does not make any difference

Please, advice!

Best regards,
Pieter van der Hijden

Hi @pvdh

It looks like there is a connection issue between the Urban Sensors Board and the Data Board. That means the Kit boots fine but when it tries to autodetect the sensors connected it finds nothing more than the “sensors” on the Data Board, the timestamp and the battery level.

I will suggest you remove the battery and the USB from your device. Then unplug and plug the Urban Sensors Board from the Data Board again. Then you should plug the USB cable back and check if your Kit published fine via SD or Network mode.

You might be wondering why we don’t raise any alarm when the Urban Data Board it’s not found. The primary reason is the Kit can be set up without it, for example, when you only use the auxiliary connector.

Please, let us know if this work by posting the results here!

Thanks, for your fast response!

Actions

• I switched SCK (kit 9769) off, removed battery and USB connection, unplugged and plugged again the Urban Sensors Board and plugged USB cable back i.e. no battery involved anymore.
  • I checked the website console: SCK is reported to be online and sending data every minute AND at the same time NOT-Connected; the line of values I see, are from more than one month ago, not actual.
  • I downloaded the CSV file; todays records only show the timestamp and “Battery in %” = -1" (minus one).
  • I stopped the SCK, unmounted the micro SD-card and checked today’s CSV file; it has two columns, 1) time stamp, 2) battery; the second column only shows “-1” (minus one) values.
  • Note, the first line of the Sd-card’s CSV file contains “time” and “batt”, the second line contains “ISO8601” and “%”, the third line contains only the value “10” in the second column, from the fourth line the data records start (timestamp plus battery = 1-).

Please, advice.

Best regards,
Pieter van der Hijden

Good tests @pvdh!

@victor could you give a hand to @pvdh debugging that issue?

Sorry for the late response!!

As pral2a mentioned before, it seems that your kit is having problems detecting the urban board.

I think the best way to find out what is happening is connecting to the SCK shell (you can follow this guide to do that.

The sensor command will show you a list of the disabled/enabled sensors, and with the command sensor -enable sensor-name you can try to enable a sensor manually, for example:

sensor -enable temperature

You can also enable saving debug messages to the sd card so later you can check what happens during the boot process when the kit tries to detect the urban board. This is done with

debug -sdcard

then reset the kit (with the reset button) and wait for some time so the kit runs the boot process, after that you can search for a file called DEBUG.TXT in the sd card to see the error messages.

Hope this helps!

That might help getting my oled display to work too. I’ll try it, can’t hurt.

pvdh tengo el mismo problema ha podido solucionarlo?

Hello,
I have the same problem, perhaps it’s the token wrong ?
Can i verified the token on the website ?